Monday, January 20, 2014

Back to the Blog

After a brief hiatus I am trying to write again.  I never stopped reading books and blogs because reading is by far my favorite activity.  But I wrote very little and gave myself some time to experiment with some other fun activities.
Over the past year I baked up a storm and tried a ton of new recipes, traveled cross country by car, traveled halfway across the world with a 8 pound backpack, got stranded on a tropical island in the South Pacific in a monsoon, hiked in the desert, visited the Grand Canyon for the first time, started a workout program with weights (that I now love),  attended a Ball and danced the night away AND our family gained a beautiful little boy (who is our fifth grandchild) named Oliver.
My daughter in law had to be hospitalized with complications as her water broke at 30 weeks. They staved off labor for a few weeks and Oliver was born teeny tiny but super healthy for a premie. We feel very grateful and blessed to have momma healthy and lil Oliver thriving.
My husband and I celebrated our 38th wedding anniversary too a few weeks ago. I am really so blessed to have him in my corner...we have had much joy through the years and yes, a few challenges and sad occasions too, but we do it all together.  
Until next time....Krystal Lynn

7 comments:

  1. Hi Krystal, welcome back to the world of blogging. You have been a busy gal. How fun! I hope you'll share highlights. Stranded on a tropical island... so interesting. Actually all your activities sound really intriguing. Congrats on your little Oliver and your 38 years with the love of your life. I'm so happy for you. Thank you for commenting on my blog. I look forward to keeping in touch.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will be sharing some highlights. So happy to hear from you Grace.

      Delete
  2. Krystal Lynn, I just found out that you're blogging again! Yay! I've missed you so much. Congratulations on Oliver and I'm glad he and his mom are doing well. And congratulations on 38 years!

    I'm smiling at you! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Missed you too Tina, even though I did keep up with your posts. I am smiling back at you!

      Delete
  3. Yay yay yay you're back!! I missed you so much and can't wait to hear about your crazy adventures!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Sunny....you are truly sunshine by the way!

      Delete
  4. Congratulations on your 38th year anniversary. I enjoyed reading your blog.

    Madison

    ReplyDelete